Skip to main content

About your Search

20121224
20130101
SHOW
STATION
CNBC 5
LANGUAGE
Search Results 0 to 4 of about 5
CNBC
Dec 31, 2012 6:00am EST
carefully before investing. >>> looking over the fiscal cliff. >> we're running out of time. >> if congress doesn't act, then everybody's taxes go up. >> can the leaders rise above to avoid a financial fiasco? your money's at stake and we're following the latest details from the nation's capital. >>> joining us this morning, former white house insiders tony fratto and jerry bernstein. >> and the wait and see game for investors. get the wall street fratsy that could boost your financial future. have a happy new year. the second hour of "squawk box" starts right now. ♪ >>> good morning, everybody. welcome back to "squawk box" here on cnbc, i'm becky quick along with andrew ross sorkin here at cnbc headquarters. joe kernen and john harwood are in washington, d.c. this morning and our guest host on "squawk" today, former white house deputy press secretary, tony fratto, and former economic policy adviser to vice president biden, jared bernstein from the center on budget and policy priorities. both of them are cnbc contributors. happy new year. >> happy new year. happy to be here. >> on fiscal
CNBC
Dec 28, 2012 6:00am EST
. coming up, beyond the fiscal cliff, 90 new members of congress are on the way to washington and the new year. we're going to what the new makeup of capitol hill will mean for taxes, spending and everything else. this is $100,000. we asked total strangers to watch it for us. thank you so much. i appreciate it. i'll be right back. they didn't take a dime. how much in fees does your bank take to watch your money? if your bank takes more money than a stranger, you need an ally. ally bank. your money needs an ally. time for citi price rewind. because your daughter really wants that pink castle thing. and you really don't want to pay more than you have to. only citi price rewind automatically searches for the lowest price. and if it finds one, you get refunded the difference. just use your citi card and register your purchase online. have a super sparkly day! ok. [ male announcer ] now all you need is a magic carriage. citi price rewind. start saving at citi.com/pricerewind. >>> welcome back to "squawk box." in the headlines this morning, as the fiscal cliff approaches congressional leaders a
CNBC
Dec 26, 2012 6:00am EST
the fiscal cliff, i have to react. so i know where i need to pull back. >> can congress agree to a compromise deal before the end of the year? tune in to "squawk box" tomorrow at 6:00 a.m. eastern for up-to-the-minute coverage for the fiscal cliff talks. time for citi price rewind. because your daughter really wants that pink castle thing. and you really don't want to pay more than you have to. only citi price rewind automatically searches for the lowest price. and if it finds one, you get refunded the difference. just use your citi card and register your purchase online. have a super sparkly day! ok. [ male announcer ] now all you need is a magic carriage. citi price rewind. start saving at citi.com/pricerewind. executor of efficiency. you can spot an amateur from a mile away... while going shoeless and metal-free in seconds. and you...rent from national. because only national lets you choose any car in the aisle...and go. you can even take a full-size or above, and still pay the mid-size price. now this...will work. [ male announcer ] just like you, business pro. just like you. go national.
CNBC
Dec 27, 2012 6:00am EST
benefits. the fiscal cliff is not the only ticking clock in washington. in a letter to congress treasury secretary tim geithner said the u.s. would hit the $16.4 trillion ceiling on monday. without extraordinary measures geithner announced that the treasury would begin accounting moves that would keep the government from hitting its credit limit for about two months. the treasury secretary warning that it's hard to predict exactly how much time the accounting moves will buy, because ongoing cliff negotiations make it hard for them to forecast revenue and spending for next year. >>> housing prices, some good news. on track to record their first yearly gain since 2006. it's a front page piece in "the wall street journal." it describes what is the strongest performance since the housing bust. the trend could accelerate this rebound we've seen in real estate. reason for the improvement, growing demand, shrinking supply, banks have slowed down foreclosures, and says here become more aggressive at modifying loans, or approving short sales. meantime, weak home construction in recent years is a
CNBC
Dec 24, 2012 6:00am EST
-- this is a long -- well congress -- >> there you go. >> the clock continues to tick down towards the fiscal cliff. ben white chief economic correspondent at politico is here with the latest on this negotiation impasse, and of course, ben white, morning money. >> you can definitely talk about morning money. >> what's it called? >> morning money. >> say it again. >> morning money. >> morning money. >> sign it for it at politico.com. >> politico? >> you've heard of that. >> but it's on morning money. >> what do you think the chances are? five days, four days? >> yeah, i mean, let's say, until new year's about five. i give it like a 70% chance we go over, 30% chance we don't. i think a lot of it depends on mitch mcconnell, the senate minority leader, if he decides to allow a bill to move forward on the floor. >> is there anything going on behind the scenes that we don't know about? >> there is. the president's playing golf in hawaii. there's nothing going on behind the scenes. >> there's not some -- >> meetings going on in the white house, there's not staff -- >> lining up a putt? >> no, which is dif
Search Results 0 to 4 of about 5